Canola oil probably is not what you thought it was, so I would like to give you some important facts, health concerns and dangers that might make you think twice about using or purchasing it. Hopefully you will gain some valuable knowledge, and I will give some alternative oils that are much healthier for you and your family. So pull up a chair and listen to my spiel.
First, I need you to take a look at the vegetable oil in your cupboard and check out the ingredients on the label. Does it have Canola Oil in it?
There is a very good chance that it does because 9 out of 10 times that is the case. Okay now that you have checked that out and you have found your vegetable oil does contain Canola Oil – For Heavens Sakes Throw It Out!
Why? Let me explain the many health dangers of Canola Oil.
Important Facts You Need to Know About Canola Oil:
1. It is not a food and was never intended for human consumption. Canola is a genetically engineered plant developed in Canada from the Rapeseed Plant, which is part of the mustard family of plants.
2. By nature, rapeseed oil is toxic to humans and other animals and was never meant to be used for human consumption . The correct name for Canola oil is “Lear” oil (Low Erucic Acid Rape) or Rape Oil and is used mainly for lubricant and fuel sap, as a base for synthetic rubber, and is used as a substance for the glossy effect in magazines or other paper products. The word canola comes from “Canada” Oil” and is not a naturally grown plant.
3. Why is it used? It is extremely cheap to grow and harvest. The Canadian government paid the FDA $50 million to have rapeseed registered and categorized as being safe for humans to consume, according to – ‘John Thomas’ book, “Young Again”.
4. It is toxic! and related to symptoms of Emphysema, Respiratory distress, anemia, constipation, and irritability. Rape seed oil is used in China for stir-frying and was found to emit cancer-causing chemicals from the smoke, causing lung cancer, according to the Wall Street Journal (June 7, 1995).
5. It causes blindness in animals and Mad Cow Disease! According to John Thomas’ book, Young Again, in 1986-1991 England and Europe fed rape seed to cows, pigs, and sheep who later went blind and began attacking people (Mad Cow Disease). After discontinuing the rape seed (canola oil) the attacks and blindness stopped. It was banned in Europe in 1991. The FDA is still allowing it to be used in thousands of products in the U.S. We are putting it in our bodies every day!! Wow that is certainly Scary!!
6. Research at the University of Florida-Gainesville, determined that as much as 4.6% of all fatty acids in Canola are “trans” isomers (plastic) due to the refining process. It has a tendency to inhibit the proper metabolism of foods and blocks our normal enzyme function, and could cause destruction of the myelitis sheath that surrounds our nerves, for protection. It is known as a Trans Acid, and many are labeled Hydrogenated or partially Hydrogenated oils. These should all be avoided and totally eliminated from your diet. The adverse health effect are cumulative. Many times it takes 10 years before symptoms manifest.
7. It is found in many processed foods, margarine, peanut butter, breads, and almost all potato chips.
8. It forms latex-like substances that causes red blood corpuscles to clump together.
9. Rats developed fatty degeneration of heart, kidney, adrenals and thyroid glands. When the Canola oil was withdrawn from their diet, the deposits dissolved, but scar tissue remained on the organs.
10. Rape oil is a source of the chemical warfare agent mustard gas. It was banned after blistering the lungs and skins of hundreds of thousands of soldiers and civilians during WWII. There have been recent reports that it was again used in the Gulf War.
11. Canola Oil is the #1 ingredient in toxic chemical pesticides according to the Health Ranger. The EPA has now officially classified it as bio-pesticide, meaning; having “low chronic toxicities”, but no studies have been performed on the toxic effects on human beings.
12. Canola (Rapeseed) is on the 10 Top list of GMO’s, according to NaturalNews. It is one of the most chemically altered foods in the U.S. diet – chemically removed from rapeseed, deodorized and altered.
Those that defend the use of Canola Oil argue that canola oil was used for centuries by the Chinese and Indians with no ill effect, but the big difference is they used unrefined oil for cooking purposes.
More information on Canola Oil @//breathing.com/articles/canola-oil.htm
I would not recommend nor do I use Canola oil, but some suggest that if you do use canola oil, use organic, expeller-pressed brands and check labels very carefully.
Why were no studies done on humans before Canola was placed on the FDA GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) list? We can only determine that it’s about the almighty dollar!
We all need to voice our opinions to stop these toxic foods from being put on our grocery shelves!! We need to protect ourselves and our family!!!
I hope you use this information and take it seriously. Please Get Real about Canola Oil!! Avoid canola oil. Check labels very carefully. Buy organic when possible. Purchase alternative oils in glass containers (to avoid the toxins from the plastic which leach into product).
Some good choices are:
- Grape Seed Oil
- Flax Seed
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Walnut Oil or Almond Oil
- Ghee, which is clarified butter from India and it will never go rancid. Ghee can be purchased at health food stores and some chain grocery stores that carry organic or natural foods.
About the Author: Marla Gates is the owner of http://organic4greenlivings.com/. Marla worked for over 10 years in healthcare, which helped her understand the dramatic need for changes in our society and how we view what healthy actually is. Her mission is education and awareness, so that people can make healthier choices and ensure a safe world for all of us to live in, now and for future generations. Since she has suffered from Environment Illness or Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS), for 20 years or more it has given her the first-hand knowledge on what chemicals and pollution can do to your health. She knows how important it is to clean up our environment. So come join her and read her blog. With her research on various topics, she will give the best information possible. She believes that we can clean up our environment, but it will take time. Rome was not built-in a day nor can we make our world safe in one day! Each one of us needs to do our part to make it safe for ourselves, our children, grandchildren and all future generations. We can only do it one day at a time and one step at a time! Please join her in “Saving Our Planet Earth” “Go Green” & “Organic” to Live A Healthier Life!