- It is one of a secret network of fake houses across the world which perform an more unexpected function
- Behind 58 Joralemon Street, in the heart of Brooklyn, is actually a secret Subway exit and ventilation point
- The white walls of 23 and 24 Leinster Terrace in Bayswater, London, hide an entrance to London’s Tube network
- At 145 Rue la Fayette in the 10th arrondissement of Paris there’s just a ventilation chimney for the metro
- Also in Paris, on Rue du Temple is a facade that looks like a secret passageway but is in fact an artist’s trompe l’oeil
It’s in an excellent location, within reach of local schools, has very low maintenance costs and the transport links are to die for.
But nevertheless, even the most cunning of estate agents would have trouble selling this Greek Revival brownstone townhouse… because it’s not a house at all. In fact, it’s just a front – literally.
Behind the rustic red-brick facade of 58 Joralemon Street, in the heart of Brooklyn, lies a gaping void of nothing whatsoever.
Continue reading article at dailymail.co.uk