NDAA Nullification Bill Passes Michigan House, 107-0 (Action Notice)
LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan House of Representatives unanimously voted in favor of House bill 5768 (HB5768) today. Representative Tom McMillin, who introduced the bill, showed his excitement for it’s passage, and his expectations for the State Senate.
“My bill opposing NDAA’s indefinite detention and taking away due process and prohibiting MI government from participating passed the House today. Onto the State Senate!”
Due to support from a wide coalition of grassroots activists across the political spectrum, including the Tenth Amendment Center and People Against The NDAA (P.A.N.D.A), the bill passed unanimously. The final vote was 107-0. HB5768 asserts that no State employee or agency will assist the Federal government – in any way – in the detainment of people under the 2012 NDAA. The Obama administration has aggressively argued in court that the executive branch has this power. The bill states, in part,
“no agency of this state, no political subdivision of this state, no employee of an agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state acting in his or her official capacity, and no member of the Michigan national guard on official state duty shall aid an agency of the armed forces of the United States in any investigation, prosecution, or detention of any person pursuant to section 1021 of the national defense authorization act…”
HB5768 was first introduced on June 14, 2012 by Representatives McMillin, MacMaster, Irwin, Ananich, Foster, and McBroom, and was referred to the Committee on Government Operations.
The bill will now move on to the Senate for further consideration and concurrence.
If you live in Michigan- act NOW. Not tomorrow or next week. Today, not tomorrow – right now. Contact you State Senator, and encourage them to pass this legislation as well
1. Visit this link for contact information
2. click on a senator name that is your senator – get their email address and TWO phone numbers – capitol and district offices
3. CALL them. Best option – respectfully, yet firmly – urge them to pass this bill. Let them know that you want them to stand up for the Constitution of the United States AND the Constitution of Michigan – they took an oath to both.
4. EMAIL them – even if call, you can still email too. Or just email. A courteous, strong and firm email – urging them to vote yes on this bill.
5. Do the same for the Governor’s office – (517) 373-3400 or http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,4668,7-277-57827-267869–,00.html
6. Report Back – when you get responses, let us know! We want people to be informed of what their delegates are saying and doing.
OUTSIDE OF MICHIGAN
Act now to reject NDAA in your state, city, county or town.
1. Use this model legislation:
2. Let us know you’d like to get involved:
Matt Renquist is a blogger for the Tenth Amendment Center, where this article first appeared. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree from Colorado State University and currently lives in Colorado.
- US Senate Passes 2016 NDAA As The Country Mourns For Charleston By: Claire Bernish | The Anti-Media - With the phenomenal ability to watch news […]
- The Duty Of The Military In A Militarized Empire (VIDEO) “He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He […]
- Brilliant Woman Sticks It To Judge With Mix Of Education And Expletives (VIDEO) Legal corruption in the US has been exposed by a brilliant woman whose name is Tamah […]
- Did You Hear? Texas Plans To Fingerprint EVERYONE Within The Next 12 Years The Texas Department of Public Safety might as well be called the Texas Department of […]
- Sedition A Normal Practice For The Authorities What is sedition? According to the dictionary it is conduct or language inciting […]
- Executive Orders – Where Is This Administration Getting This Authority? (VIDEOS) "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of […]
- The Opposition To Police Brutality Is A Constitutional Militia (VIDEO) By: Jim White | The Liberty Brothers Radio Show - 2nd Amendment: A well-regulated […]
- Mrs. Hammond Writes “The Oregonian” About U.S. Superior Court Judge Who Arrived To Restore Constitutional Order (VIDEOS) By: The Voice of Reason | Thanks to a party directly involved in the events unfolding […]