Newborn Seized Because Mom Questioned Necessity of Hep B Vaccine
This is what you get for questioning the “authority” and for having the audacity to have your own voice in medical decisions for your children: a social worker takes custody of an hours old newborn, while still in the hospital, and prevents her mother from seeing her other than to nurse her every 3 hours. All because she asked too many questions.
And then? Angela Lopez-Heagy arrived. The government social worker. She announced that she was there to conduct an investigation, the allegations of which she refused to divulge.
Jodi told the social worker that she wasn’t comfortable answering questions unless she knew what the allegations were. (Go girl.) Jodi’s husband was with their other children back at home, arranging care for them so he could join her at the hospital.
The social worker threatened Jodi that if she didn’t answer the questions, she would call the police and take custody of the newborn, Annie. Then, she grilled Jodi about why she didn’t consent to the Hepatitis B vaccination for Annie. This is about a vaccination consent?!! There were other questions, too… They were more generalized.
Periodically, the social worker left the room during this interrogation. And when she did? A hospital staff member blocked the door to prevent Jodi from leaving her room. She was, for all purposes, held prisoner in her hospital room.
And then? The social worker came back with a “safety plan.” Jodi asked to see it. It wasn’t written on paper yet. It was a carte blanche verbal consent to “whatever the hospital wants.” And if she didn’t? Angela Lopez-Heagy would take custody of Annie.
Jodi asked to wait for her husband. The social worker said no. A police officer instructed Jodi to hand Annie to a nurse. Jodi begged the social worker to allow her to sign the “safety plan.” She would do whatever it took to keep custody, but the social worker said, “That window has closed.” They took the baby. The officer escorted Jodi out of the hospital and off the hospital’s property.
No. I’m not kidding!
Jodi spent the night in the parking lot across the street, with her husband, in their car. They were allowed, every 3 hours, to return in order to breastfeed Annie (but they weren’t allowed to linger).
The next morning, a judge returned custody to Jodi and her husband. And two weeks later, he dismissed the case against them that the social worker had filed.
Now? The Ferris’ are suing the social worker and the medical staff who seized Annie. They filed in March. In July, the defendants motioned to have the suit dismissed. Last week, the judge denied the motion, and the suit will proceed. Good luck to them. As far as I’m concerned, they’re fighting for my rights, too.
What do you think about this case?
Other Source: http://www.hslda.org/hs/state/pa/201203270.asp
- Nurse Fired For Refusing Flu Vaccine Wins Lawsuit NEWARK, N.J. - A nurse was unfairly denied unemployment benefits after she was fired […]
- Hospital Threatens To Seize Custody Of Unvaccinated Newborn (VIDEO) Dr. Blackmails parents into vaccinating their newborn baby. ExperimentalVaccines
- Pregnant Nurse Fired For Refusing Toxic Flu Shot A registered nurse in Pennsylvania was fired for refusing to get a flu […]
- How The Rockefeller Foundation Quietly Funded The Anti-Fertility Vaccine The Rockefellers, one of the world’s wealthiest families, have been the largest […]
- Pediatrician With A God Complex Refuses To Treat Unvaccinated Children Let’s talk about the meaning of a “god-complex”. Wikipedia defines a “god complex” […]
- Activists Make A Last Ditch Effort To Block Bloomberg’s Forcible Flu Shot For Kids Michael Bloomberg may be nearly finished with his term as the mayor of New York […]
- Well-Child And Vaccine Visits Linked To More Than 700,000 Flu-Like Illnesses New research shows that well-child doctor appointments for annual exams and […]
- Big Pharma Collects Data on Your Vaccine Concerns GlaxoSmithKline hired a text analytic software company, called Luminoso, to find […]