In November, US voters get to choose between two deplorable business as usual presidential aspirants – a billionaire demagogue v. a war criminal/Wall Street tool, both hugely anti-populist.
There’s no hope for responsible change under Trump or Clinton after 16 devastating Bush/Obama years – the most ruthless administrations in US history, responsible for endless wars of aggression and creeping homeland tyranny, heading toward becoming full-blown.
Trump met privately with Henry Kissinger in New York, a longtime unindicted war criminal as national security advisor, then secretary of state during the Nixon/Ford years.
The scope of his high crimes were breathtaking, including:
• around four million slaughtered during America’s Southeast Asian wars;
• undermining Paris peace talks on the eve of the 1968 election to help Richard Nixon defeat Hubert Humphrey.
• the bloody overthrow of Chile’s democratic government and support for Latin American despots;
• aiding Suharto’s takeover of West Papua and invasion of East Timor, slaughtering hundreds of thousands;
• backing Cambodia’s Khmer Rouge early reign of terror rise to power;
• support for Pakistan’s overthrow of Bangladesh’s democratically elected government, causing half a million deaths; and
• other crimes during the Nixon/Ford years.
At age 92, Kissinger remains influential, advising Democrats and Republicans alike on geopolitical issues. Meeting with him instead of peace champions suggests a Trump administration would continue America’s deplorable imperial agenda, responsible for millions of post-9/11 deaths alone.
He met with House Speaker Paul Ryan, other GOP lawmakers and former Republican secretary of state James Baker. In Senate testimony last week, Baker contradicted his view of NATO as “obsolete,” turning truth on its head, saying:
“We’ve got a lot of problems today but you’d have a hell of a lot more if that was the case. NATO has been the foundation and the base for peace and stability in Europe and on the Eurasian Continent.”
US-dominated NATO is a killing machine responsible for endless wars, related violence, support for terrorism and chaos.
Trump earlier chose Republican hardliner, scandal-ridden, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie to head his transition team.
He named extremist former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani his choice to head Homeland Security (America’s Gestapo) in his administration if elected.
In early May, he chose former Goldman Sachs partner, current Dune Capital Management CEO Steven Mnuchin as his presidential campaign finance chairman.
Insiders he’s chosen so far show his administration if elected president will replicate preceding ones.
America’s rage for world dominance is the greatest threat to world peace. Expect endless wars of aggression to continue no matter who succeeds Obama. Humanity’s fate hangs in the balance.