Smile and the world smile with you, but make sure you have a pearly white smile the natural way! If you are like many people, you can go to the dentist and spend lots of money on using toxic whiteners that could have some serious health risks. But don’t fret my friends, there are natural and economical ways to keep your teeth white and healthy. Having a beautiful white smile helps you feel good about yourself and take pride in your appearance. Keep your teeth healthy and it helps to keep your whole body healthy.
Your smile is one of the first things people will notice about you and remember. If you don’t feel good about yourself or your smile, it affects your whole outlook on life. There are many studies that confer that emotional health and physical health all work together to make a totally healthy person.
Did you know that your oral health can offer clues about your overall health? Or that problems in your mouth can affect the rest of your body? Dental procedures, medications or treatments that reduce saliva flow, disrupt the normal balance of bacteria in your mouth or breach the mouth’s normal protective barriers that may make it easier for bacteria to enter your bloodstream and cause infections.
Other side effects of some commercial teeth whitening treatments are increased sensitivity to touch, pressure and temperature, or gum irritation.
5 Natural Ways to Have the Whitest Smile in Town:
1. Eat Crunchy Organic or Natural Foods. Eat as many fruits and vegetables as you can, but make sure you eat them in whole form like an apple–do not cut them up or put it in a juicer, it will not help your teeth. Other fruits and vegetables to consider are carrots, celery and pears, and try to eat the crunchier foods; the more abrasive the better, as it cleans the teeth naturally and whitens teeth due to their acidic nature.
2. Eat Lots of Organic Dairy: That means the Grass-Fed and Raw Dairy. The numerous minerals, calcium and phosphorus that strengthens, enhances the enamel and improves all over appearance of your teeth are all in cheese, milk and yogurt. According to numerous recent scientific evidence, your teeth will benefit greatly and will be able to better withstand all the other natural remedies on this list.
3. Eat More Strawberries. Strawberries are great for the teeth and contain malic acid, which removes discolorations on the surface of the teeth. The natural texture of the strawberries helps buff the enamel, which creates a natural brighter and smoother appearance. If you want to take it one step further, try this excellent natural teeth whitener– combine a crushed berry with one half of a teaspoon of baking soda. Mix thoroughly, then apply and leave on teeth for five minutes. Some professionals claim that you should only do this occasionally, as it could cause the enamel to break down if done too often.
4. Use Baking Soda: There is some controversy on baking soda, as some professionals say to use it often and others say not to use it at all, but studies show that limited use of baking soda can enhance the whiteness of teeth. I know for a fact that years ago, baking soda and salt is what most people (including my mother) used for toothpaste and it did not hurt their teeth. But, if you feel uncomfortable using it regularly, then do what you feel is right! Another solution is to utilize baking soda and hydrogen peroxide or salt mixture to clean and whiten teeth. Lemons or strawberries may also be incorporated with baking soda for a more natural solution. I personally use hydrogen peroxide daily for general oral health and at times baking soda.
5. Drink with a Straw: Beverages that you drink have a great effect on staining the teeth. So to avoid this, use a straw so that the drink does not slide over your teeth. The less contact your teeth have with damaging substances, the whiter they will be.
Using natural products is always safer and healthier for the entire body than chemical treatments. Brushing your teeth regularly with a natural, toxic-free, non-chemical, fluoride-free, organic toothpaste and flossing is extremely important. It should be part of your daily routine. Eating properly and healthy organic foods is also very important for good oral hygiene. So keep your smile white the natural and healthy way.
Remember to keep SMILING!
Marla Gates is the owner of organic4greenlivings.com. Marla worked for over 10 years in healthcare, which helped her understand the dramatic need for changes in our society and how we view what healthy actually is. Her mission is education and awareness, so that people can make healthier choices and ensure a safe world for all of us to live in. Since she has suffered from Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS), for 20 years or more it has given her the first-hand knowledge on what chemicals and pollution can do to your health. She knows how important it is to clean up our environment. So come join her, read her blog and learn how to live healthy and green. She believes that we can clean up our environment, but it will take time. Please join her in “Saving Our Planet Earth” “Go Green” & “Organic” to Live A Healthier Life!