Pesticides have some extremely potentially dangerous chemicals in them that can affect our health physically and mentally. It’s time to learn the truth about pesticides, because it just might save your life!
Question and Answers to Some of the Concerns about Pesticides:
1. Question: Is a pesticide safe if the technician follows the directions on a toxic pesticide label?
Answer: NO! There is no safe way to apply an admittedly unsafe toxic synthetic, dangerous, poisonous pesticide chemical that is designed to kill living organisms indiscriminately. To put it quite clearly – if you are killing bugs by using a toxic chemical, then it can also harm you, your family and even your pets.
2. Question: If the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) approves the pesticide does that mean it must be safe for my family?
Answer: NO! The EPA does not approve pesticides. They just register the pesticide for use after the manufacturer pays a large fee which can be a million dollars or even more. The EPA does not require the manufacturer of the toxic pesticides to disclose the hundreds of lethal chemicals that are part of the ingredients.
3. Question: Are Pyrethroid pesticides safe if they are based on the the chrysanthemum plant?
Answer: NO! A pyrethroid is a synthetic chemical compound similar to the natural chemical pyrethrins produced by the flowers of pyrethrums (Chrysanthemum cinerariaefolium, and C. Coccineum). Manufacturers of Pesticides would have you believe that pyrethroids are safe and harmless, but pyrethroids are toxic to fish and the EPA has listed most pyrethroids as suspected carcinogens; such as Bifenthrin.
A 2011 study found a significant association between delayed mental development at 36 months and piperonyl butoxide (PBO) and common additive and synergist that makes pyrethroid pesticides more lethal.
According to the (WHO) World Health Organization, while pyrethroids are a synthetic version of an extract from chyrsanthemum plant, they were chemically engineered to be more toxic with longer breakdown times, and are often formulated with synergists, with increasing potency, compromising the human body’s ability to detoxify the pesticide. They interfere with ionic conductance of nerve membranes by prolonging the sodium current, the nerves discharge repeatedly, causing hyper-excitability in poisoned animals. Synthetic pyrethroi are neuropoisons acting on the axons in the peripheral and central nervous system, by interacting with sodium channels in mammals and insect.
4. Question: When the toxic synthetic pesticide dries will it be harmless to people and pets?
Answer: NO! Pest control companies either directly or indirectly imply that once their toxins dry, that they will not be harmful. NOT TRUE! There are lists of 300 medical and university research document links that prove otherwise (Click here). A dried toxin is invisible, but definitely not Harmless. In fact, it is even more harmful because you can no longer see the chemical tracks of the volatilizing pesticide liquid.
5. Question: Are all pesticides pretty much the same?
Answer: NO! Synthetic pesticide toxins are man-made and have no counter part nor counter balance in nature. No part of the synthetic pesticide is ever extracted or distilled from plants. Insects develop resistance to synthetic toxins, due partly because of the poisons persistence in the environment and repeated low dose exposure that residual insects encounter. They actually become immune to the toxins. Synthetic pesticides usually carry a warning on the label such as Caution, Warning, Danger, Poison, Keep Away From Children, Not Safe Around Pets, or Poison!
Botanical pesticides are all made from plants such as trees or flowers with natural insecticidal properties that target insects only. These insecticidal properties are naturally occurring defense mechanisms of plant species. Therefore, insects do not evolve and breed tolerance to natural plant defenses that were put here by God, as natural defense. 100% botanical insecticides made from federally exempt chemicals are usually labeled “Safe around Children and Pets” and therefore should pose no threat to people, pets, water, wildlife, plants, or air. It just gets rid of those nasty bugs.
Taking care of your health and your family’s health, not to mention the ultimate health of our environment is so important so don’t let your home be poisoned by toxic pesticides. I would like to add—-there is one product that I know of that is non-toxic, completely organic, natural, and a safe pest control and that is Always Eco. Check it out!. I have used this product myself and I can guarantee that they do their job and get rid of bugs without harm or danger to your health, your pets, and family!
Marla Gates is the owner of organic4greenlivings.com. Marla worked for over 10 years in healthcare, which helped her understand the dramatic need for changes in our society and how we view what healthy actually is. Her mission is education and awareness, so that people can make healthier choices and ensure a safe world for all of us to live in. Since she has suffered from Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS), for 20 years or more it has given her the first-hand knowledge on what chemicals and pollution can do to your health. So come join her, read her blog and learn how to live healthy and green.