I have some natural skincare remedies that really work. You don’t have to use expensive lotions and creams to have beautiful, natural looking skin. There are many fine cosmetics companies that are legitimate and use organic and safe products, but sometimes the best solutions are the most natural products that Mother Nature has provided.
- Extra virgin olive oil is a great moisturizer for dry skin and will also cleanse unwanted oils from your skin. Take 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and massage into your face for a few minutes, then take a clean wash cloth and gently wash with warm water. Try these for a week or so and see if it doesn’t help make a big difference.
- Raw Honey is also excellent for cleansing and toning the skin when used as a mask, but it also has great healing properties.
- Raw honey with cinnamon has been reported to help with acne-prone skin and raw honey with sugar is great for a scrub to give you skin a glowing look.
- Organic eggs are great for the skin! Use the white of the egg as a mask for tightening pores and then use the yellow yolk mask to restore the skin’s natural ability to heal and protect itself against all the toxic environmental elements.
- Organic sugar makes an excellent body scrub and polish, mix it with a pinch of olive oil or jojoba oil if you have dry skin. It might even give you a sweeter disposition!
- Take lemon juice and dilute it-this helps with lightening red marks from acne and helps prevent breakout from acne-prone skin by gently exfoliating.
- Take raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar with green tea –this is a great toner for any skin type. Use undiluted apple cider vinegar and dab on pimples as a spot treatment. Using apple cider vinegar internally by taking 2 teaspoons in a glass of water daily– this is known to have great healing powers for the skin and the entire body.
- The natural acids in Yogurt makes a great natural facial mask by rejuvenating the skin and gently excoriates, which gives your skin a beautiful glowing effect.
- Oatmeal is known to soothe and calm irritated and sensitive skin. Use organic oatmeal and grind it into a fine powder and you can add honey or yogurt to make a soothing facial mask that will gently excoriate the skin.
- Use a dry natural exfoliation brush before taking a shower. Make sure you always move the brush towards the heart to help detox your body. It eliminates dead skin cells, improves lymph blood circulation, decreases puffiness, and is calming to the nervous system.
- Drinking plenty of water, staying away from sugar and eat a good diet with plenty of fiber. Try to stay away from stress and getting plenty of exercise and sleep is, of course, very important for healthy skin and for a healthy body.
- Eating as much organic food and staying away from any chemical exposure is very important to maintaining healthy, glowing skin, and to help avoid acne or other skin problem.
Try some of these home skincare products and I think you might be pleasantly surprised at how well they work. Maintain a healthy organic diet and remember that good skin comes from the inside out. Live naturally and live organically.
Marla Gates is the owner of organic4greenlivings.com. Marla worked for over 10 years in healthcare, which helped her understand the dramatic need for changes in our society and how we view what healthy actually is. Her mission is education and awareness, so that people can make healthier choices and ensure a safe world for all of us to live in. Since she has suffered from Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS), for 20 years or more it has given her the first-hand knowledge on what chemicals and pollution can do to your health. So come join her, read her blog and learn how to live healthy and green.