Today my friends, I am going to continue with our discussion about migraines headaches, how to prevent them, and treat that throbbing pain with natural, alternative, and herbal remedies. Whether they are allergy related or even if you don’t know the cause of your migraines some of these solutions could be very helpful to stop the cycle of chronic migraines and that throbbing pain.
To Help Prevent Allergy-Related Migraines try to avoid triggers, manage your environment by eliminating the foods that seem to be triggers and keeping your exposure to allergens to a minimal.
To help you isolate your triggers keep a headache diary making sure that your write down all the foods and liquids you have consumed including supplements, medications, and any other environmental exposure you made have had.
My first suggestion to you is to avoid all preservatives, food additives and dyes, and artificial sweetener which are a known to trigger for migraines because of the many chemicals they contain.
Some herbal remedy or alternative remedies to try:
- Butterbur For Migraine Butterbur has proven to be a safe a effective alternative. You can use it as a tea, in tablet form, it’s also available in extracts, and capsules containing raw herbs. Make sure before buying any type of Butterbur it is marked “standardized” (means it has a consistent measured amount of the active ingredient) and it is PA free (pyrrolizidine alkaloids) which are potentially harmful toxins—that need to be removed during processing. Click here to order!
- Feverfew This herb feverfew is an ancient folk remedy for headache, migraine, arthritis, pain, and fever that has been use for centuries in Europe. During the 1980s feverfew became especially popular in England as an alternative to conventional drugs for migraines and is still a popular herbal remedy. Click here to order!
- Ginger is a natural inflammatory known for its pain reducing qualities.
- 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) is a compound produced in the body from the amino acid tryptophan. It is used in the body to make the neurotransmitter serotonin and the hormone melatonin. Some research indicates that 5-HTP may prevent migraines and reduce the frequency and severity of migraine. 5-HTP was found to be as effective as methysergide in reducing the severity and duration of migraines.
- Magnesium is a mineral found naturally in foods such as green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains and in nutritional supplements. Some studies have found that magnesium reduces the severity and frequency of migraine. Click here to order!
- Headache Soothe is a safe, non–addictive, FDA–registered natural remedy containing 100% homeopathic ingredients selected to relieve headache symptoms including tension and cluster headaches. This remedy contains a selection of homeopathic ingredients known to address discomfort in the head, neck and shoulders often caused by tension headaches. Get More Info on Headache Soothe – Homeopathic remedy temporarily relieves acute symptoms of headaches
- Hot or Cold Compress – Apply pressure to the painful area of the head, or binding or wrapping the head a hot or cold compress that migraines sufferers have reported to relieve painful headaches since ancient times.
- Acupuncture another non traditional remedy for pain and migraines. Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese technique that involves the insertion of very fine, solid needles into certain points of the body. It helps headaches by stimulating the body’s ability to resist or overcome illnesses and conditions by correcting energy imbalances According to studies, acupuncture may cause the release of pain-reducing opioid chemicals, such as endorphins, and stimulate the the release of hormones and other body chemicals to various cells that includes the immune system.
- Essential oils or also known as aromatherapy– such as lavender, ginger, or peppermint oils may help relieve tension-type headaches or migraines. Relieve is occurred simply by smelling it or rubbing the oil on the skin. I have tried this myself and it has helped relieve the pain especially if you use it when you feel a migraine coming on.
- Massage as proven very effective for some migraine sufferers. Massage is a great way to reduce stress and relieve tension, especially effective in reducing tightness of tender muscles, such as those in the back of the head, neck, and shoulders, and increasing blood flow in those areas.
- Drink lots of water and fruit juices, buttermilk and tender coconut water. Coconut water contains electrolytes, various plant hormones, enzymes, and amino acids. During or when you feel a migraine coming on. Eat easily digestible food like curds, salads and fruits. Fresh and raw or mildly cooked food is better than cooked and oily food.
I will continue later with other ideas on how to help chronic Sinusitis that are the cause of many migraines!
These natural alternative and herbal remedies all have their purpose in healing and controlling your headaches and migraines. I have found that depending on what causes your migraines different treatments work for different people. Sometimes it is just a matter of trial and error and I would recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider for guidance. I believe one big step to obtaining good health and healing the body is eating healthy and avoiding as many toxic chemicals in a world filled with them. But you have a choose to make – Do you want to give your family a fighting chance for a healthier lifestyle? If so then you need to—————
“Go Green” “Natural” & “Organic” to Live a Healthier Lifestyle!
About the Author: Marla Gates is the owner of http://organic4greenlivings.com/. Marla worked for over 10 years in healthcare, which helped her understand the dramatic need for changes in our society and how we view what healthy actually is. Her mission is education and awareness, so that people can make healthier choices and ensure a safe world for all of us to live in, now and for future generations. Since she has suffered from Environment Illness or Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS), for 20 years or more it has given her the first-hand knowledge on what chemicals and pollution can do to your health. She knows how important it is to clean up our environment. So come join her and read her blog. With her research on various topics, she will give the best information possible. She believes that we can clean up our environment, but it will take time. Rome was not built-in a day nor can we make our world safe in one day! Each one of us needs to do our part to make it safe for ourselves, our children, grandchildren and all future generations. We can only do it one day at a time and one step at a time! Please join her in “Saving Our Planet Earth” “Go Green” & “Organic” to Live A Healthier Life!